Plan to throw a Christmas party or just enjoy the holidays with your family? For Day 7 of my 8 days of Blogmas, here are some activity ideas for a Christmas Party.
Check out my previous post: 9 Fun Holiday Songs for Karaoke (Day 4 of 8 days of Blogmas) for some good karaoke song ideas for the holidays. Karaoke is always fun and gets everyone into the Christmas spirit! Some songs mentioned are Santa Baby, Jingle Bell Rock and Feliz Navidad.
What is a Christmas party without any treats? Bake some cookies, create a gingerbread house and make everything festive and fun. Many bloggers have good Christmas baking recipe posts. I recommend checking out Sally’s Baking Addiction’s Candy Cane Kiss Cookies recipe because these cookies look super festive and cute. Are you a chocolate fan? Try Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial’s pretty chocolate Christmas Trees. On Youtube, Laura in the Kitchen has a great gingerbread man recipe .
There are a ton of great Christmas movies to watch. Pick a few of your favorites or check out Netflix or the 25 Days of Christmas special. Some of my favorites, include:This Christmas, The Year Without a Santa Clause, Home Alone, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
It’s easy to make games you already play holiday-related.
- Christmas Movie Trivia-Have guests answer questions related to different Christmas movies to see who knows the most.
- Guess the Christmas Carol-Sing a line from a Christmas carol and whoever guesses it first gets a point.
- Christmas Carol Pictionary-Use photos related to Christmas carols and have the other players guess what song it represents.
- Christmas Charades-This is sure to be fun! It’s just regular charades with a Christmas theme.
- Pin the nose on the Reindeer-Similar to Pin the tail on the Donkey. Just use a photo of Rudolph instead and pin a red nose on him.
- Christmas Bingo-Here are several printables: Christmas Bingo.
- Photo Booth-Use festive backdrops (gold, red, Christmas tree) and props (Santa hats).
- Snowman contest-Judge on who has the most creative snowman.
- Holiday ABC’s-Have each player write down a word for each letter of the alphabet that is related to the holiday. Whoever finishes the list first, wins.
- Ornament guess-Each player guesses the amount of ornaments on the tree. Whoever is the closest, wins.
No matter what you choose to do, just enjoy your holiday with your friends, coworkers or family. It doesn’t cost much to have a good time!
Are you having or attending a Christmas party? What will you be doing?